Just because I wanted something a little different, I experimented with making some cheesy meatballs. Not just your ordinary cheesy meatballs, but ones made with both Parmesan and Mozzarella.
These would be PERFECT in pasta sauce for Spaghetti and Meatballs, or yummy as Meatball Subs or in my Rigatoni and Cheesy Meatball Bake! Adding the shredded Mozzarella cheese was the key ingredient! Ooey, gooey and so cheesy! They are awesome.
1 lb. ground beef
2 tsp. oregano leaves
2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. course-ground black pepper
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/4 cup bread crumbs (or just slightly more)
Preheat oven to 350. Mix ground beef and all other ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
Mix with your hands until well blended, adding more bread crumbs, a little bit at a time, if necessary.
Mixture should be fairly stiff and hold together well. Shape into small meatballs (you should get 24).
Place on a baking sheet, sprayed with cooking spray and bake in a 350 oven 15-20 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove from oven, loosen with a spatula and let cool.
- Add to Simple Pasta Sauce during the last 15-20 minutes to heat through. Serve over your choice of pasta with a side salad and garlic bread.
- Heat with some pasta sauce for Meatball Subs. Top subs with more shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Use in Rigatoni and Cheesy Meatball Bake
- Replace ground beef in Vegetable Beef Soup for a twist on the normal soup
- Use instead of ground beef in Italian-Style Beef and Pepperoni Soup
- Use instead of ground beef in Pizza Pasta Bake
- Top your Pizza with them